Character Creation Guidelines
This campaign will be played in the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Your character begins at level 1, but see the section on Ambassadors on the House Rules page.
- Your characters starts with all the gear granted by class and background in the Player’s Handbook (PHB).
- Your character’s starting wealth is determined by class (pg. 143, PHB).
- For your stats, please use standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8).
- You may also choose a trinket from the trinket table in the PHB (pg. 160), or roll 1d100 to generate one randomly.
- Good or neutral alignments preferred. Evil alignments are allowed, but remember Wheaton's Law: don't be a dick. Remember what this campaign is about: adventure and treasure, not inter-party conflicts!
- Only use (sub)classes/races available in the official D&D 5e Player's Handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide and Elemental Evil Player Companion (unless DM says otherwise). But see House Rules for unlocking new (sub)classes/races.
- To avoid trivializing of the Travel Rules, the following changes will be made to the Ranger class and the Outlaw background. The Ranger's Natural Explorer feature is changed to give advantage on Navigation and Foraging checks, on Perception checks made while traveling, and allows the Ranger to forage for two people instead of one (still only takes one Foraging check). The Outlaw's Wanderer feature is changed to give a +2 bonus on Navigation and Foraging checks.
- If you need help completing your character sheet or have any questions, message the DM ahead of time or arrive at the session 30 minutes in advance. Pre-generated character sheets will also be available for new players.